The days when world Occupies the Street!

Occupy Wall Street is a global phenomena now! I had mentioned about it a few days back in my blog. It is very encouraging to see that the feeling of despair and the cry for help, justice and most importantly and an equilibrium is being echoed with the same synergy and energy across continents. Everyone is fed up with the fact that the fate of so many in this world lie in the hands of so few.

Leave aside the Euro zone crisis or Double dip recession fears of USA for a moment and think about what have our world leaders,past and current, brought us to. People all over the world are simply trying to reach beyond the Ivory towers, which a few have built for themselves over the last few decades, to ensure that their desperate cry for equality is heard.

Brazil too had faced such crisis a few years back and the world had unanimously decided to lower its debt burden thus helping the country to get back on track. But such a scenario will not be possible in today’s world. Even if the despair of Greece‘s economy is attended to, what will the world do about Italy, Portugal,Spain,Ireland – Greece is not an isolated case but the first domino which all poised to trip the others as and when it falls.Even if Greece survives this economic crisis there is no substantial evidence that the other european countries mention above will be able to ride the tide.

The asian giants are being looked up for help but how much can they themselves help and also for how long? Time is big factor in the current crisis. In India, I feel, no one should find  comfort in the fact that a crash in european markets will channel all the funds in India and then India might ride on another big share market boom. Such a thought will be folly, not from a businessman point of view but from the point of view of humanity.One must not gloat on success which is founded on someone else’s failure.

All eyes are now fixed on what the G20 leaders decide in Paris. In a week’s time the world will know whether the picture has become clearer or murkier.

I once again reiterate the point mention in my last blog that one can no longer confine himself to the walls of their natural and social habitat. Events happening around the world will sooner or later influence all. It is time to show some strong political will to face the current crisis and also to stand together with our brothers and sisters from around the world.

If the world can face the problem together, not as individual countries ,but as one entity then perhaps we might be able to give a vibrant and healthy world to the next generation.If we keep on indulging ourselves in pity games of one upmanship then the world will crumble. The crises are no longer european or american crisis, but are global in nature. The elite 1% can no longer risk to control the remaining 99%.

I sincerely hope that better sense prevails

About Sumukh Naik

Namaste! Greetings from India! I am Author of 'Age Of Hiblisk', voracious reader & Human Resources professional. I like to keep things simple, very down to earth and believes in the message of spreading love and peace. My blogs are a reflection of the world around me. Please visit for more details 'Age Of Hiblisk' (Hardcopy / Kindle ) can be purchased at DISCOUNTED rates from: / (For Indian and Non Indian residents) I also define myself as a 'Soul Explorer'
This entry was posted in Events From Around the World, General, Ideas from Around the World, India, Life and All, Nature and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to The days when world Occupies the Street!

  1. Well said! The rest of the world cannot suffer for the mistakes of a few. We and out petty drive for comforts are to blame for this situation.
    The need of the hour is ancient Indian Wisdom!

    • Sumukh Naik says:

      Indian Wisdom and economic policies of Chanakya hold the key for so many problems. His book Arthashastra is a beacon of light in the fields of Economics and Politics and Social Science. I strongly feel that Globalization is not bad, infact it is next step of socio and economic evolution but one must be very wary of the greed associated with it.

      Thanks a lot for stopping by and sharing your views.

      Keep Writing!

Leave a Reply to Sumukh Naik Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s